So with the walls of the house sorted, It was time to work out the roof. The roof was made up of 3 layers of shingles plus the original cedar shakes.
So the first order of business was to order a roll off dumpster, and take off the old.
My sister Lydia stopped by and sweated in the dirt for a couple hours.
As well as Wes.
With all the shingles off it was time to sort out the roof framing.
The roof was made up of 2x4s on 32ing centers, covered with skip sheathing (1×4 strips). To bring this up to code, We sistered 2×6 to each of the original 2x4s. Then add a new 2×6 in between the existing rafters.
My friend John came over and helped me put in the ridge beam.
With the ridge beam in place, I started cutting rafters.
Once all the rafters were in place, we started to throw up sheating. And tar paper.
With the tar paper on, I took down the rest of the tung and groove on the interior. I was able to salvage a lot of this old heart pine. I stacked it up, and i hope to use it later for my flooring.
With the roof frame sorted, I framed up the rest of my interior walls. And installed the front door, good feelings.